Friday, January 15, 2010

Breat Milk V's Formula

Now I know I am opening a can of worms here, but now that pumpkin is 5 months old I have decided to switch to formula.

So Hear I am day 4 into weaning pumpkin and it has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I am waking up with such sore boobs from going all night with out breast feeding, I am still breast feeding the first feed of the day and normally one in the afternoon.

The reason that I have decided to switch to formula is due to on going issue's with breastfeeding, plus pumpkin has worked out how to bite and pinch while feeding and I can tell you this is not fun at all. so if anyone happens to read this and has any tips for helping weaning please let me know.

On a plus side she is sleeping much better going up to 10 hours straight on breast milk she was only going 4 hours max so mummy and daddy are getting some more sleep as well. Plus her reflux is so much better she was spewing after every feed and this has been reduced to maybe 1 spew up a day.

I hope that pumpkin will be fully weaned within a month

No comments:

Post a Comment